Friday, October 14, 2011

Who's that Girl? Tell Me About Yourself Tag


The wonderful blogstress Jill of Everything Just So tagged me! This is the first time anyone's tagged me so it's very special. I get to share with you lovely readers some random facts about me. Get excited yall, here we go!

1. I like sweet AND salty but not sweet&salty. Most people usually like one or the other but I like both - just not together. Like that trend a few years ago with salty chocolate - wasn't into it. I'd much prefer a bag of salt and vinegar potato chips washed down with a nice reeses peanut butter cup. I can totally get into that.

2. I've lived in 8 different apartments in the past 7 years in NYC, which has taken me through several boroughs and neighborhoods.

I've lived in:
  • Manhattan -  The East Village, Greenwich Village, The Financial District and SoHo
  • Queens - Long Island City (no, not Long Island!)
  • Brooklyn - Bed Stuy, Ft. Greene
Obviously I'm a downtown and outer borough kinda girl. I've never lived above 10th st!

3. I can't swim (yet). Mhm, yes, sadly this is true. I can "swim" but I'd probably drown if my life really depended on it.

4. I've become deathly afraid of child birth - like the actual labor-push-grunt-push a gajillion more times part. I get goose bumps just thinking about it. I'm a woman - this can't be normal! And it just started happening a few years ago and has gotten to the point where I can't watch birthing scenes on TV. I cringe at the thought of that going through THAT. I do want to be a mom one day so either I'll get over it or I'll pay a surrogate to carry my future offspring. Kidding! (kind of).

5. I love (well-done) tattoos! I have two small ones and hoping to get a third soon. My boyfriend has a really hot one that covers a very large part of his body and it's probably one of the main reasons I started dating him. Kidding again! (kind of).

6. I've had a splinter stuck in my index finger for the past 4 days. It hurt at first but I can't feel it anymore. I should probably do something about it but since I'm really averse to pain, (refer to #4 but ignore #5) I generally delay situations which involve pain as a main event (ie. childbirth, dentist's appointments, waxing, etc).

7. My vision is horrible. I've been wearing contact lenses since I was 13 to compensate for this impairment but now I really want a pair of glasses (or a sponsor to pay for lasik).

There you have it. Me in 7 random thoughts!

Another first for your truly is the coveted (you like my pun?) IFB Links a la Mode!!

Here's this week's roundup,curated by the awesome Vashni from Grit & Glamour!

SPONSORS:
Sunglasses at ShopbopStella McCartney, DITA, Tom Ford, Ray Ban, Karen Walker, The Row, YSL, Marc Jacobs, Matthew Williamson, Gucci, Carrera, & Cloe.


2 comments:

Susan Silver said...

I came over from "I'm Still Standing"'s About page link up. I love the clean look of your blog.Plus, I love how your about page really is simple to the point. The picture illustrates well what your words say.

Jill said...

Ivie! Great answers, I have learned so much about you. I cannot believe how much you've moved in NYC! Since I moved here in 1996 I have only lived in two places, Murray Hill and now, my current place, in Park Slope, Brooklyn. You are like a New York pro. I'm so impressed. Regarding childbirth, girl, you just do it. You are nice and tall, I bet it would be fast for you. It was for me, both times. Intense, but short-lived (relatively speaking, probably 5 hours start to finish with my first-born). I swear to God, after I ran the NYC Marathon, I thought childbirth was easier, because that is a grueling race.

Congratulations on your selection to the IFB Links a la Mode list. I am feeling the snakeskin trend and just bought some snakeskin maryjanes.

Also, glad you added a follow button through Google connect, I am your newest follower. XO, Jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...