The wonderful blogstress Jill of Everything Just So tagged me! This is the first time anyone's tagged me so it's very special. I get to share with you lovely readers some random facts about me. Get excited yall, here we go!
1. I like sweet AND salty but not sweet&salty. Most people usually like one or the other but I like both - just not together. Like that trend a few years ago with salty chocolate - wasn't into it. I'd much prefer a bag of salt and vinegar potato chips washed down with a nice reeses peanut butter cup. I can totally get into that.
2. I've lived in 8 different apartments in the past 7 years in NYC, which has taken me through several boroughs and neighborhoods.
I've lived in:
- Manhattan - The East Village, Greenwich Village, The Financial District and SoHo
- Queens - Long Island City (no, not Long Island!)
- Brooklyn - Bed Stuy, Ft. Greene
3. I can't swim (yet). Mhm, yes, sadly this is true. I can "swim" but I'd probably drown if my life really depended on it.
4. I've become deathly afraid of child birth - like the actual labor-push-grunt-push a gajillion more times part. I get goose bumps just thinking about it. I'm a woman - this can't be normal! And it just started happening a few years ago and has gotten to the point where I can't watch birthing scenes on TV. I cringe at the thought of that going through THAT. I do want to be a mom one day so either I'll get over it or I'll pay a surrogate to carry my future offspring. Kidding! (kind of).
5. I love (well-done) tattoos! I have two small ones and hoping to get a third soon. My boyfriend has a really hot one that covers a very large part of his body and it's probably one of the main reasons I started dating him. Kidding again! (kind of).
6. I've had a splinter stuck in my index finger for the past 4 days. It hurt at first but I can't feel it anymore. I should probably do something about it but since I'm really averse to pain, (refer to #4 but ignore #5) I generally delay situations which involve pain as a main event (ie. childbirth, dentist's appointments, waxing, etc).
7. My vision is horrible. I've been wearing contact lenses since I was 13 to compensate for this impairment but now I really want a pair of glasses (or a sponsor to pay for lasik).
There you have it. Me in 7 random thoughts!
Here's this week's roundup,curated by the awesome Vashni from Grit & Glamour!
- Aquí: A special collaboration: Alexander Wang + Sally Hansen
- Beyond Fabric: Unveiling menswear myths: #1—dressing up in warm weather.
- Boyish Chic: How to make a fancier dress wearable for every day.
- Cosmolawlitan: Reebok’s toning shoes do not tone as advertised
- Dress Code: High Fashion: Backstage at Salvatore Ferragamo S/S 12 and what I learned there.
- Dress With Courage: Does your actual appearance match what you see in the mirror? Why women overestimate their size.
- Fashion Dynamite: How I mixed two fall trends in my OOTD—faux fur and ankle pants.
- Fierce: Keeping that ego in check.
- Grit & Glamour: What V wore: purple, reigned in* (plus midi-length tips).
- Haute Americana: Get in the Halloween spirit with American-made Halloween-esque essentials.
- My So-Called Corporate Life: How to wear the fall 2011 snakeskin trend to the office.
- Pretty Quirky Pants: DIY Lace tier Scallop Skirt
- Semi-Sweet Style: Meet a style icon: Christine Centenera.
- Smart n Snazzy: Pretty n punk: DIY studs n lace shoe refashion.
- Thanks I Made It: Getting to the point: DIY spike necklace.
- The Complex Media & Design Blog: Fashion for good: The Body Shop continues fight against sex trafficking with STOP bag.
- The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: Lessons from Tom Ford to an unlikely fashionista.
- The Style Project: In the red—colored corduroys.
- Tickle Me Chic: Taking a walk on the wild side: mixing prints and taking chances.
- What 2 Wear Where: What to wear: animal prints for NBC New York Live
Sunglasses at Shopbop: Stella McCartney, DITA, Tom Ford, Ray Ban, Karen Walker, The Row, YSL, Marc Jacobs, Matthew Williamson, Gucci, Carrera, & Cloe.