Sunday, October 9, 2011

Business in (Cobalt) Blue






Dress: Kasper for A.S.L, Belt: H&M, Stockings: Calvin Klein, Shoes: Stuart Weitzman 

Would you wear thrifted items to work?

Ever since, years ago, a makeup artist commented on how rich blues compliments my skintone, I wear this color every chance I get. So I've been looking for one of the hottest trends for Fall 2011: a cobalt (royal blue, whatever you want to call this amazing color) ensemble. And guess where I found it?

At my local Salvation Army!

I was actually in search of some thin belts to add to my wardrobe when I stumbled upon this number. I couldn't believe my blue-tinted eyes. This lone dress, transported from the mid-90's, in my size, no snags, stains, etc. It was in perfect condition. And of course the price was right. This baby was practically free at a whopping $8.

16 comments:

Carla Ortiz said...

This is the reason why I need to start thrifting more. That's a beautiful dress at a great price! Also, I'm in the lookout of more skinny belts for my collection. :)

Citizen Rosebud said...

Ivie this is one of my favorite colors: cobalt! It's so rich and seriously in or out always beautiful. YOU look amazing in it too I might add. Get more! xo. Bella Q

Jill said...

Ivie, you look so gorgeous in that shade of blue! And I love the skirt of the dress in particular. I need to go shopping with you, I could use an $8 dress. If you have time I would love to read 7 random things about you as part of the 'Tell Me About Yourself' blog award, which I am passing along to you. http://everythingjustso.blogspot.com/2011/10/true-confessions.html

osato oronsaye said...

Love that dress...

Nike O said...

Amazing find!! Especially loving the detailing of the skirt.

Tammy said...

Ivie, nicely done post, and just love the dress and it's color! It speaks power. And, as it happens, it also speaks thrift. I need to pay more attention to thrift shops - no doubt! http://WittyWomanWriting.com/blog/

CJAJ09 CJAJ09 said...

Gorgeous find. Its vintage yet so modern and I love the wrap over detail in the skirt. Nice one Ivie

http://myafricancloset.wordpress.com

Guyanesesista said...

I love this dress. The colour is fantastic.

http://guyanesesista.blogspot.com/

Ashleigh Nicole said...

Love the dress!

xo Ashleigh

www.thedaileigh.blogspot.com

Chictherapyonline said...

loves it!gorgeous color on you

Blair said...

I LOVE this dress and the whole look!

Rebecca Hammond said...

What an amazing dress! The cut is so fabulous. I can't believe you thrifted it! I'm a big time thrifter myself so I definitely wear thrifted clothes to work!

fiammasfashion said...

This dress is so beautiful! I love it!

XoXo
Plami

http://www.fashionthrill.com/

Effortless Cool said...

gorgeous dress, dear! that color is perfect <33


XO Sahra
EffortlessCool

Vanessa Rivera said...

this outfit is PERFECT...thanks for stopping by my blog && don't forget to put in your answers...I would love to feature you on my blog

DeliciousFrance said...

This color is beautiful :)

DeliciousFrance

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...