Wednesday, September 7, 2011

#IFBCON Pre-Party!

In case you haven't heard, it's Fashion Week in NYC and that means tons of fashion shows, conferences, pre-parties and after-parties.

I some how got invited to attend The Independent Fashion Bloggers Conference pre-party at the Mandarian Oriental Bar. (ahem, thank you Grit & Glamour for the invite!) Although I couldn't make it to the actual conference - gotta pay the bills - I did have a fabulous time networking and learning from some seasoned bloggers.




 Ari from Advanced Style

I got some great advice from Ari about approaching random strangers to shoot street style. What's the worst they can say? "No thanks" Not so bad afterall. I definitely have more courage to venture into Corporate Street Style!


 Yours truly hanging with Tony Wang of post.fashionism

We chatted a while about business, consulting, fashion, school, nerdism... Great guy!

I didn't get to snap a shot of the beautiful Anika of By Anika but she was just as amazingly positive and supportive as she comes off on her blog. You inspire me!

Overall I was surprised by how "cool" everyone was. I mean really. Kristina of Pretty Shiny Sparkly was absolutely down-to-earth and sweet. She even gave me advice on blogging time management: You make time for the things you're passionate about. And both Bella of The Citizen Rosebud and Monroe of Fashion Steele NYC had me giggly all night. Ok, it might have also been all the bubbly that the servers were passing around too. Don't judge. 

Embarrassing Blogger Story Alert
So here I am soaked from the deluge on Tuesday night, trying to balance myself from sliding down the Mandarin Oriental's lobby, when I see a woman in an awfully beautiful floral dress. I say nothing as we both enter the elevator but I do notice that she's also going to the 35th floor. Hmm... an hour later I find out that it was no other than Jennine Jacob aka The Coveted aka IFB's founder! Oops. I later went and said hello after I laughed at myself.








2 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Ivie! It was so great to meet you and you got great pictures! Oh my God! I didn't take nearly enough. Thank you for the picture you got of Tea and Sonia and me. I love it. And I'm so excited about the one with me and Ari from Advanced Style! Wow! He was so interesting to talk to. I hope we can meet again soon.

Ivie Ero said...

Great to meet you too! Hope to catch up again at more events :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...